Principal Lecturer Quality Assurance
Julia has worked in nurse education since 1993, holding posts in both London and Oxford, with responsibility for both pre and post registration programme management.
Clinical background: General children’s medicine, surgery, orthopaedics and respiratory.
Currently Principal Lecturer Quality Assurance with responsibility for:
- leading, managing and reviewing activity which enhances the student experience.
- Support to the process of approval and quality assurance of programmes within the Faculty.
- Member of the Children's Nursing programme team
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with colleagues within the Faculty responding to University strategy around quality assurance and student experience
- Oversee annual review processes
- Support aspects of external enagement and student recruitment
- Module leadership field consolidation module
- Undergraduate dissertation supervision
- Assessment and Progression management
- Personal tutor /pastoral care
- Link lecturer
- External liaison careers/recruitment
- External examiner University of Central Lancashire Sept 2008 –
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Clinical and professional skills
- Legal and ethical issues
- Professional concepts
- Management concepts and theory
- Pain management
- Achieving competence
Chapters in books
- Caring for Children with Gastrointestinal Problems In Glasper, A. and Richardson J. eds. (2005) A Textbook of Children's and Young People's Nursing, Elsevier, Edinburgh
- Caring for Children with Gastrointestinal Problems in Glasper A. and Richardson,J. eds.(2010) A Textbook of Children's Nursing, Elsevier, Edingburgh.
Peer reviewed papers (Conference)
- International Paediatric Nursing Conference – Edinburgh " The use of concept analysis in pre-registration education - Fostering shared understanding." (Co author Mrs. S. Linter)
- International Paediatric Nursing Conference - Manchester
"Analysing the practice of paediatric pain management- using the concept of "caring" as a framework.
Non Peer Reviewed
- RCN International Paediatric Nursing Conference – Belfast
Issues in Practice education assessment
- Challenges in pre registration Nurse Education – (Forum with Children’s Clinical Director) RCN London
- RCN International Paediatric Nursing Conference – Bristol
Does children’s nursing education prepare students for the diversity of role?