Paul completed a BA (hons) degree in Health and Community Studies at Chester College and then completed his Registered General Nurse training at Charing Cross Hospital London. Paul started his nursing career in Neurosurgery at the Radcliffe Infirmary. He then spent six years in Gastrointestinal Surgery at the John Radcliffe Hospital before joining Oxford Brookes University as a lecturer on the adult nursing undergraduate programme. Paul completed his MSc Higher Professional Education in 2003.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Member of the nursing midwifery council
- U43702 Development of the human body and mind (Module Leader)
- U43703 Life Science for health care professionals (Module Leader)
- U43706 Introduction to professional practice
- U43707 Development of professional practice
- Hospital life support and automated external defibrillator
MSc Dissertation: Sources of knowledge that influence nursing practice?
Ong PR, Garrett B, Allen D (2009) Clinical Pocket Reference for Adult Nurses. 2nd edition. Pennant: Oxford
Conway N, Ong PR, Bowers M, Grimmett N (2007) Operating Department Practice: Clinical Pocket Reference. Pennant: Oxford
Ong PR, Garrett B, Allen D (2002) Clinical Pocket Reference for Adult Nurses. Pennant: Oxford
Chapters in books:
Conway N, and Ong PR (2003) Application of Science to Health Care In Conway N and Donohue S (2003) Core Themes for Care Assistants. Radcliffe Medical Press: Oxford
How to obtain copies of the ‘Clinical Pocket Reference for Nurses' and ‘Operating Department Practice: Clinical Pocket Reference'
Marston Book Services Ltd
PO Box 269, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4YN, UK
Tel: +44 1235 465500 Fax: +44 1235 465555
You can also order these books from: www.amazon.co.uk/books
Publications from RADAR
- Ong, P, Garrett, B, Allen, D (2009) Clinical pocket reference for nurses 2nd Edition. [summary page]
- Sharp, P, Ainslie, T, Hemphill, A, Hobson, S, Merriman, C, Ong, P, Roche, J (2006) Mentoring: A resource for those who facilitate placement learning. Interprofessional learning in practice [summary page]