Rachel Skittrall BSc MSc DPodM MChS
Programme Lead (Nursing Swindon)
Rachel qualified from the London Foot Hospital in 1991 as a podiatrist and initially worked clinically in the Wiltshire and Dorset areas before moving into education at the London Foot Hospital, UCL in 1995. Specilaist areas were in microbiology, rheumatology and pathology. Rachel joined Oxford Brookes University in 2005 as a senior lecturer responsible for teaching life sciences within the pre-registration curriculum.
Rachel is currently Programme Lead for the Nursing Swindon cluster which includes
- Bachelors and Masters Adult Nursing
- Planning and Managing Clinical Trials
- BSc(Hons) Nursing studies
at the Ferndale Campus, Swindon.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Registered with Health Professions Council as podiatrist
Teaching /Research interests
- Anatomy and physiology
- Mandatory training
- Microbiology and infection control
- Academic skills
Currently co-editing Ong P and Skittrall RL 'Applied Anatomy and Physiology: A Lifespan Approach for Healthcare Professionals' Palgrave publishers.